torsdag 9. juni 2011

IF; Shadows

.
This week's topic is "Shadows" suggested by michael (http://teako.blogspot.com/).

"I look out the window sometimes to seek the color of the shadows and the different greens in the trees, but when I get ready to paint I just close my eyes and imagine a scene." ~ Grandma Moses



Og så fikk han øye på dem.
Først to skygger,
så glansen i metall,
kniver eller macheter.

These words in Norwegian is from the chapter The Warrior in the book La isla bajo el mar written by Isabell Allende.
I am still reading the novel but had to have a break for personal reasons. It' s a sad part calling for the reader's feelings.
The scene was my imagine!

Eugen Delacroix once said in the nineteenth century that shadows contain the complement colors of the object. That means the bodies of the two warriors have different shapes of colors. I left the landscape in grey.




Digital filter Rough pastel  and brightness/contrast adjustment!



1 kommentar:

Hyggelig at du tar deg tid til å legge igjen en hilsen.
Det setter jeg veldig pris på!
Alle kommentarer vil godkjennes før publisering.